City Council Special Budget Workshop Meeting on Tuesday, May 24 at 9 a.m.
Topics include overviews of the Public Works, Utility, and Stormwater & Engineering Departments.
The Palm Coast City Council meets regularly to discuss and vote on official City business. These meetings are open to the public and Palm Coast residents are strongly encouraged to attend. An increase in public engagement helps to build a stronger sense of community, increases valuable discussions, and decreases division.
A special budget workshop meeting will take place beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, May 24, 2022. No action will be taken during the workshop. Details of the items on the agenda are listed below.
- The Flagler County Property Appraiser will provide an overview of the services provided by that office to the residents of Palm Coast.
- The Flagler County Tax Collector will provide an overview of the services provided by that office to the residents of Palm Coast.
- The Financial Services Department will present a fund accounting and revenue source restrictions to prepare for the upcoming Fiscal Year 2023 budget.
- The Public Works Department will present an overview of current operational effectiveness, successful Public Works service provisions, and future opportunities.
- The Utility Department will present an overview of potential budget challenges along with cost escalation examples in preparation for the upcoming budget session. The presentation will include examples of Safe and Reliable services, Data Driven Metrics, Succession Planning and more.
- The Stormwater & Engineering Department will present an overview of the department in preparation for the upcoming budget session. The overview will detail current operational effectiveness, challenges, and future opportunities.
Public Comments will be opened at the beginning and end of the business meeting in accordance with Section 286.0114 Florida Statutes and pursuant to the City Council’s Meeting Policies and Procedures. Each speaker will approach the podium, provide his/her name and may speak for up to 3 minutes. Comment cards are available for contact information in order for staff to follow up with each speaker.
Meetings of the Palm Coast City Council typically occur three times per month. A 6 p.m. business meeting on the first Tuesday of the month, a 9 a.m. workshop meeting on the second Tuesday of the month, and a 9 a.m. business meeting on the third Tuesday of the month. All meetings take place in the Community Wing at City Hall at 160 Lake Avenue in Palm Coast.
Business meetings and workshops are open to the public and both are streamed live on the City’s YouTube channel. Meeting agendas for all public meetings are posted in advance of each meeting on the City’s website. All agendas can be viewed here.
If you wish to obtain more information regarding the City Council’s agenda, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 386-986-3713. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the City Clerk at 386-986-3713, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Stay informed with the latest news and information from the City of Palm Coast by following us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. You can sign up for weekly updates by visiting www.palmcoastgov.com/government/city-manager/week-in-review.
Brittany KershawDirector of Communications & Marketing