Palm Coast City Council Business Meeting on Tuesday, April 5 at 6 p.m.
Topics include Public Safety Recognition, April as Water Conservation Month, and Council Compensation.
The Palm Coast City Council meets regularly to discuss and vote on official City business. These meetings are open to the public and Palm Coast residents are strongly encouraged to attend. An increase in public engagement helps to build a stronger sense of community, increases valuable discussions, and decreases division.
A business meeting will take place beginning at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, April 5, 2022. Details of the items on the agenda are listed below.
- The Palm Coast City Council will recognize several City employees for outstanding service to their communities and contributions to their profession. Each employee recognized will receive a Certificate to commemorate their actions.
- The Palm Coast City Council will present a proclamation for April as Water Conservation Month. The proclamation will be presented to the St. John’s River Water Management District. Everyone will be invited to take part in the National Mayor’s Challenge for Water Conservation by visiting mywaterpledge.com.
- The City Attorney will present an ordinance to adopt an increase to the Mayor and City Council Member’s compensation. This proposed increase in Council compensation is to ensure that public officials are not required to have undue costs and financial burdens cast upon them as a result of public service. It is recognized that some reasonable level of compensation to public officials will encourage those who might not otherwise be able to participate in local government to participate and expand the potential pool of candidates for City office.
- The Palm Coast City Council voted unanimously to appoint Ms. Denise Bevan as the new City Manager at the February 15, 2022 Business Meeting. Ms. Bevan accepted. City Council approved the City Attorney, the City Clerk, and Mayor Alfin (as the Council liaison) to negotiate the terms of the contract to be brought back to Council for consideration. A salary comparison chart from the Florida League of Cities and the draft contract negotiated with Ms. Bevan will be discussed for adoption.
- The Financial Services Department will present a resolution authorizing a bank loan with Southstate Bank for financing stormwater improvements. SouthState Bank’s proposal included an $8 million qualified tax exempt loan with 20 year term, fixed rate of 2.59% for Series 2022. The loan allows the City to prepay the loan from existing funds at any time without a penalty and with a 1% prepayment penalty if the loan is refinanced. The loan will be secured solely by Stormwater Net Revenues.
The following items will be presented as consent items for approval:
- Resolution approving a construction contract with RJ Sullivan Corporation, a work order with CPH Inc for engineering services, and an increase of SRF loan amount for the Wastewater Treatment Facility 2 expansion project.
- Resolution approving a contract with TB Landmark Construction Inc for construction of the L-section pep main improvements.
- Resolution approving a contract with PBM Constructors Inc for construction of the relocation of chemical injection at Water Treatment Plant 2.
- Resolution approving the extension of the contract with MediQuick Walk-in employee clinic.
- Resolution approving the purchase of two First Products VC 60 3-Point Hitch Vericutters/Carbide Tip Blades.
Public Comments will be opened at the beginning and end of the business meeting in accordance with Section 286.0114 Florida Statutes and pursuant to the City Council’s Meeting Policies and Procedures. Each speaker will approach the podium, provide his/her name and may speak for up to 3 minutes.
Meetings of the Palm Coast City Council typically occur three times per month. A 6 p.m. business meeting on the first Tuesday of the month, a 9 a.m. workshop meeting on the second Tuesday of the month, and a 9 a.m. business meeting on the third Tuesday of the month. All meetings take place in the Community Wing at City Hall at 160 Lake Avenue in Palm Coast.
Business meetings and workshops are open to the public and are streamed live on the City’s YouTube channel. Meeting agendas for all public meetings are posted in advance of each meeting on the City’s website. All agendas can be viewed here.
If you wish to obtain more information regarding the City Council’s agenda, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 386-986-3713. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the City Clerk at 386-986-3713, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Stay informed with the latest news and information from the City of Palm Coast by following us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. You can sign up for weekly updates by visiting www.palmcoastgov.com/government/city-manager/week-in-review.
Brittany KershawDirector of Communications & Marketing