Palm Coast City Council Business Meeting on Tuesday, May 17 at 9 a.m.
Friday May, 13 2022
Topics include Public Works Week, Water Safety Month, and BEAC Appointments.
The Palm Coast City Council meets regularly to discuss and vote on official City business. These meetings are open to the public and Palm Coast residents are strongly encouraged to attend. An increase in public engagement helps to build a stronger sense of community, increases valuable discussions, and decreases division.
A business meeting will take place beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, May 13, 2022. Details of the items on the agenda are listed below.
- The Palm Coast City Council will present a proclamation for Public Works Week, May 15-May 21, 2022. Public Works Week celebrates the superheroes that lie within each and every public works professional. Always READY to serve their communities, and RESILIENT as ever in their abilities to pick themselves up off the ground after encountering challenges. This year’s theme is "Ready & Resilient" and the Public Works Team at the City of Palm Coast meets that theme every day.
- The Palm Coast City Council will present a proclamation for Water Safety Month, which is the month of May. Palm Coast Parks & Recreation strives to promote water safety in all aquatics environments and activities. The aquatics staff provides lifesaving swim lessons to all ages, from children to adults, as well as courses for the more advanced swimmer.
- The Palm Coast City Council will appoint five applicants to the Beautification and Environmental Advisory Committee. Interviews of applicants took place at May 10 Workshop Meeting.
- The City Administration will present a resolution to approve a letter of support for the Federal Highway Administration National Scenic Byways Program Grant Application for the establishment of the Flagler County Visitor Experience Center. The applicant is requesting the City of Palm Coast provide a letter of their support for the Flagler County Visitor Experience Center project and the Friends of A1A funding application.
- The Public Works Department will present a resolution to approve piggybacking the Southwest Ranches Contract with Newgen Strategies & Solutions, LLC for the preparation and drafting of the solid waste contract specifications including recycling, collections, processing and disposal services. The City of Palm Coast has utilized NewGen Strategies and Solutions for planning and development of the Request for Proposal for the new residential solid waste contract. The unexpected bid protest added additional processes that led to the city having to go out to bid again. To finish the final stages of executing the new residential solid waste contract the City is in need of a consultant in the industry.
- The Engineering Department will present a resolution to approve an Interlocal agreement with the Seminole Palms Community Development District regarding the Citation Boulevard extension. The City and CDD are entering into this Agreement for the purpose of assigning obligations for solicitation, award, and construction of the Citation Extension which will be to the mutual benefit of both parties.
- The Community Development Department will present an ordinance for Ryan’s Landing Rezoning. Ryan’s Landing LLC is proposing a modification to the existing Master Planned Development Agreement to rezone 27.79 +/- acres of vacant land located about 0.75 miles west of Belle Terre Parkway and 0.2 miles north of Royal Palms Parkway to change from a 64 lot single-family subdivision with a 5-acre City park to a 95 lot single-family subdivision with amenities.
- The City Administration will present a resolution to approve an Interlocal agreement with the Flagler County Supervisor of Elections. A City election for City Council District 2 and 4 seats will be held during the Flagler County’s primary election and general election in 2022. The City Clerk has worked directly with the Supervisor of Elections (SOE) and together they drafted the proposed Interlocal Agreement for the 2022 City Elections.
The following items will be presented as consent items for approval:
- Interlocal agreement with the Flagler County Supervisor of Elections.
- Master Price Agreement with Platinum Air Systems Inc for Citywide HVAC & Ice Machine Repair, Replacement, and Maintenance.
- Piggybacking Florida Sheriffs Association Contract with Boulevard Tire Center for the purchase of tires and related services.
- Exception to CDBG cost feasibility limits.
- Contract between Stryker Medical and Savvik Buying Group for Lifepak Cardiac Monitors.
- Master Services Agreement with US Infra Rehab Services LLC for rehabilitation of wastewater structures.
Public Comments will be opened at the beginning and end of the business meeting in accordance with Section 286.0114 Florida Statutes and pursuant to the City Council’s Meeting Policies and Procedures. Each speaker will approach the podium, provide his/her name and may speak for up to 3 minutes.
Meetings of the Palm Coast City Council typically occur three times per month. A 6 p.m. business meeting on the first Tuesday of the month, a 9 a.m. workshop meeting on the second Tuesday of the month, and a 9 a.m. business meeting on the third Tuesday of the month. All meetings take place in the Community Wing at City Hall at 160 Lake Avenue in Palm Coast.
Business meetings and workshops are open to the public and are streamed live on the City’s YouTube channel. Meeting agendas for all public meetings are posted in advance of each meeting on the City’s website. All agendas can be viewed here.
If you wish to obtain more information regarding the City Council’s agenda, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 386-986-3713. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the City Clerk at 386-986-3713, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Stay informed with the latest news and information from the City of Palm Coast by following us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. You can sign up for weekly updates by visiting www.palmcoastgov.com/government/city-manager/week-in-review.
Browse through the catalog of Newsroom Articles
See the upcoming things in our cityClick to View the Calendar
Connect Now and see your customized dashboardConnect your property to see more info
Events happening in the communityOperated by Parks and Rec.
Help CenterLearn Now
Have questions? Browse our existing help articlesFrequently Asked Questions
Learn what's happening in Palm CoastStay informed about what's happening