The Community Development Department is a community and customer service-focused department consisting of three main divisions; Planning, Building, and Code Enforcement
The department provides guidance for well-planned growth and regulates development for the protection of the City's natural resources, public health, safety, and welfare.
Get Help With:
Free & confidential counseling to help your small business grow. SCORE offers free mentors and workshops available to business owners.
2035 City Comprehensive Plan and Vision Statement
The Comprehensive Plan documents the City’s overall policy for growth and development. Specifically, the Comprehensive Plan includes goals, objectives, and policies to:
- Guide future growth and development within the city (such as general location and allowable densities and intensities of land uses)
- Discourage the proliferation of urban sprawl
- Protect vital natural resources, such as environmentally sensitive lands and aquifer recharge areas
- Enhance community character through architectural and design standards
- Identify needed public services and revenues based on projected population and employment growth
- Meet community expectations regarding other important issues, such as sidewalks, streetlights, housing types, and other issues.
Within the Comprehensive Plan is a Vision Statement created by the citizens of Palm Coast over the course of several public workshops on the Comprehensive Plan. The Vision Statement summarizes the City's ideal future --- a future that focuses on preserving and enhancing the natural environment and quality of life that initially attracted the City's residents.
Palm Coast strives to be a unique and vibrant city recognized for its...
- Exceptional quality of life
- Attractive job opportunities, diversified housing, and superbly designed commercial areas
- Valued natural, recreational, and cultural resources
- Exemplary public facilities and services
- Responsible growth and fiscal planning
- Responsiveness to meeting the diverse needs of the citizens
- Friendly and welcoming manner towards visitors, residents and businesses
April 6, 2004 (Ordinance No. 2004-08)
July 6, 2010 (Ordinance No. 2010-07)
June 21, 2011 (Ordinance 2011- 11)
March 3, 2015 (Ordinance 2015-03)
March 20, 2018 (Ordinance 2018-03)
April 17, 2018 (Ordinance 2018-12)
September 7, 2021 (Ordinance 2021-19)
Land Development Code
The City has developed this Unified LDC to implement its Comprehensive Plan and to streamline the development review process. The LDC sets forth regulations, requirements, and procedures governing the use and development of land for the purpose of protecting the health, safety, and general welfare of the citizens of the City and to enhance the appearance, function, and livability of the City, to the end of improving the overall quality of life within the community.
FFPC Florida Fire Protection Codes
National Flood Insurance Program
Regulation of Professions and Occupations
Florida Division of Emergency Management Disaster Preparedness
Flagler Property Appraisers Office
Make a Complaint Against a State Licensed Contractor
FEMA – Federal Emergency Management Agency
Flagler Homebuilders Association
Florida Swimming Pool Association
Workers compensation compliance search