City Council Business Meeting on Tuesday, March 21 at 9 a.m.
Friday March, 17 2023
The Palm Coast City Council meets regularly to discuss and vote on official City business. These meetings are open to the public and Palm Coast residents are strongly encouraged to attend. An increase in public engagement helps to build a stronger sense of community, increases valuable discussions, and decreases division. A City Council Business Meeting will take place on Tuesday, March 21 at 9 a.m.
The Palm Coast City Council meets regularly to discuss and vote on official City business. These meetings are open to the public and Palm Coast residents are strongly encouraged to attend. An increase in public engagement helps to build a stronger sense of community, increases valuable discussions, and decreases division.
A City Council Business Meeting will take place on Tuesday, March 21 at 9 a.m. Details of the items on the agenda are listed below.
- City Council will appoint one applicant to the Planning and Land Development Regulation Board (PLDRB). In October 2022, City Council appointed Mr. Christopher Gabriel to the PLDRB. Mr. Gabriel has since resigned from his seat and now City Council needs to appoint a replacement Board Member from District 3 to the PLDRB. Pursuant to State law, the PLDRB is designated as the local planning agency. Responsibilities of the PLDRB include making recommendations to the City Council regarding the Comprehensive Plan, Land Development Code, and development applications. Further, the PLDRB acts as final authority (subject to appeal to the City Council) on special exceptions. The following are the two applicants for Council’s consideration who reside in District 3: David Ferguson (Corporate Executive, Former City Council Member) and Dana Stancel (Retired US Postal Carrier, Retired US Soldier).
- City Council will appoint two applicants to the Beautification and Environmental Advisory Committee (BEAC). The two committee members who resigned are Ms. Sabrina Rinaldi and Mr. Robert Branin and now City Councill needs to appoint replacements from District 4 to the BEAC. The objectives of the Committee shall be to identify issues within the City of Palm Coast relating to the beautification, scenic beauty, natural resource conservation, aesthetic enhancements, environmental protection, and other related matters and to evaluate and consider activities, methods, projects, and programs that could be implemented within the City to address the matters considered by the Committee and the issues studied by the Committee. The Committee may make recommendations to the Planning and Land Development Regulation Board with regard to Comprehensive Plan amendments and land development regulations involving its areas of review. The following are the two applicants for Council’s consideration who reside in District 4: Kenneth B. Jones (International Research Planner) and Zachary Marciano (Medical Facility Administrator).
- The Financial Services department will present a resolution to accept the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2022. The annual audit has been completed by James Moore & Co., P.L., for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2022, and the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report has been prepared.
- The Stormwater & Engineering department will present a resolution to approve the submission of a Florida Inland Navigation District (FIND) grant application for the construction of Phase 2 of the Waterfront Park Enhancement project. Phase 2 of this project will consist of site work, grading, paving, and utility scopes of work associated with the expansion of the parking serving the boat ramp/kayak launch and enhanced accessibility to the facility.
- The Parks & Recreation Department will present a resolution to approve the amendment of the parks & recreation fee structure. During the Workshop held on March 14, 2023, City Council provided feedback and posed questions regarding the Recreation Fee Structure. City Staff has since prepared detailed responses and in-depth data to address these matters.
The following items will be presented as consent items for approval:
- A resolution approving the East Flagler Mosquito Control District low-level flights and to authorize the application of insecticides approved and labeled for mosquito control by Clarke Environmental Mosquito Management.
- A resolution approving piggybacking the Orange County contract with Xylem Water Solutions USA, Inc., for purchasing flygt pumps, parts, and repairs.
- A resolution approving amending the agreement with Payments Corporation revising the Master Service Agreement for electronic payment services.
- A resolution approving a federally funded sub-award and grant agreement with the Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) relating to Hurricane Nicole expenses.
- A resolution approving piggybacking the General Services Administration contract with CivicPlus, LLC for Parks & Recreation management software.
Public Comments will be opened at the beginning and end of the business meeting in accordance with Section 286.0114 Florida Statutes and pursuant to the City Council’s Meeting Policies and Procedures. Each speaker will approach the podium, provide his/her name, and may speak for up to 3 minutes.
Meetings of the Palm Coast City Council typically occur three times per month. A 6 p.m. business meeting on the first Tuesday of the month, a 9 a.m. workshop meeting on the second Tuesday of the month, and a 9 a.m. business meeting on the third Tuesday of the month. All meetings occur in the Community Wing at City Hall at 160 Lake Avenue in Palm Coast.
Business meetings and workshops are open to the public and are streamed live on the City’s YouTube channel. Meeting agendas for all public meetings are posted in advance of each meeting on the City’s website. All agendas can be viewed here.
If you wish to obtain more information regarding the City Council’s agenda, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 386-986-3713. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the City Clerk at 386-986-3713, at least 48 hours before the meeting.
Stay informed with the latest news and information from the City of Palm Coast by following us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. You can sign up for weekly updates by visiting www.palmcoastgov.com/government/city-manager/week-in-review.
Angelene DavisMultimedia Associate
Browse through the catalog of Newsroom Articles
See the upcoming things in our cityClick to View the Calendar
Connect Now and see your customized dashboardConnect your property to see more info
Events happening in the communityOperated by Parks and Rec.
Help CenterLearn Now
Have questions? Browse our existing help articlesFrequently Asked Questions
Learn what's happening in Palm CoastStay informed about what's happening